不論Instagram還是YouTube，系統不時會依照用家喜好推薦相關影片或圖片，例如烹飪、化妝、手工製作過程等，部分作品更是出自關鍵意見領袖，即是KOL (Key Opinion Leader)。
1. 善用感興趣的專長 發揮感興趣的專長不但省卻重新搜集資料的時間，亦更有熱誠去實踐心中想達到的效果。如台灣的國民媽媽宜手作，把冷便當的食譜與製作方法錄製成影片上傳至Instagram、Facebook與YouTube等平台，其方便快捷又精美的做法深得一眾家庭主婦的心，更引起日本大型電視台NHK的關注，並親自到台灣為她拍攝節目。
2. 運用自身的專長去實踐市面所缺乏的事情 不時聽到某大型品牌的產品或服務劣評如潮，但市場飽和缺乏可代替的選擇，只能迫於無奈繼續購買。如意志夠堅定且有能力打造新品牌填補市場空缺，不防利用此優勢突出群體中的地位。像是台灣很熟悉貓咪喜好與行為的好味小姐，表示坊間不少貓點心對貓咪來說口味過鹹，與營養師共同製作無添加的健康貓食，並於個人經營的網上商店讓觀眾購買。與一般的硬銷手法不同，透過社交平台分享貓知識與飼料製作方法等影片，打造專業形象自然而然地建立公信力。
3. 與觀眾有正面互動 擁有良好溝通技巧的KOL能提升社群的凝聚力，並吸引觀眾主動關注最新資訊。部分與KOL擁有友好關係的粉絲會利用私信跟對方閒聊或發表意見，透過互動可清楚知道觀眾的喜好或看法，從而反思不足之處以作提升質素。
How to become an outstanding KOL? Here are 3 tips for you!
No matter for Instagram or YouTube, various social platforms always recommend users some posts or videos according to users’ preferences, for example cooking, makeup, DIY and so on. Some of the posts are published by KOL (Key Opinion Leader).
Internet celebrity and KOL are both popular users of the Internet, but how are they different? KOL is usually someone who publishes his/her posts and videos continuously on social media and show his/her understanding and profession in certain aspects in order to highlight the personal experience to become someone with great influence. Internet celebrity such as Backpack Kid who uploaded his floss dance video on video and hit up to tens of thousands of views in a short period of time. Internet celebrity owns social media accounts, yet the reason why he/she becomes popular is that the celebrity post can grab people’s attention rather in an unintentional way.
To become a KOL, you should get to know which area you are familiar with, how to do your personal branding through this professional skills and how to attract audiences. If you find no way to start your KOL career, here are 3 tips that may help you!
1. Make use of your professional skills that you are interested in It can save your time on research, you will also have more passion to reach your goal. Taiwanese KOL -- YIFANG’s Handmade uploads her videos of easy lunchbox recipes on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. The easy recipes reach many housewives’ hearts. Japanese TV station NHK recognised her videos and featured her in the TV program.
2. Exploit your strength to meet the market demand Some large-scale brands always receive negative comments from customers, nonetheless, there are lacking choices for the consumers, and they can hardly choose from brands that are available. If you have the determination and ability to enter the market, you should exploit your strength and make yourself stand out. Lady Flavour in Taiwan understands cats’ habits and behaviour. She found that the cat food isn't healthy for cats, therefore she decided to work with nutritionists to make preservative-free cat food and available on her online store for the audience to purchase healthy cat food. Different from hard selling, Lady Flavour shares information about cats and cat food recipes through social media. Her professional image helps build up credibility.
3. Interact with your audiences KOL with good communication skills can enhance community cohesiveness and attract the audiences to stay tuned to the channel. Some fans also chatting with KOL and provide comments. KOL can know more audience’s interest and opinions, thus reflect some disadvantage and improve quality.